Suzanne's 15 Weight Loss Tips
1. Avoid fast food and junk food
2. Limit sodium (salt)
Limiting sodium to 1800 mg. per day will help control high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Avoid eating 2 hour before going to bed
Allow your body time to burn off calories you have eaten during the day.
4. Eat breakfast
Breakfast gets your metabolism going and helps you burn calories all day long.
5. Avoid skipping meals
Skipping meals slows the metabolism and may result in overeating.
6. Avoid processed, sugary foods
They’re high in fat and cause cravings.
7. Avoid drinking high calorie fruit juices and soda pop
Opt for a piece of fruit
8. Drink a minimum of 64 oz of water per day
Thirst signals can be mistaken for hunger, drink a glass of water before you reach for food.
9. Eat 5-6 small meals per day
This will keep your metabolism from slowing down, enabling your to burn more calories.
10. Exercise a minimum of 3 days per week
A combination of aerobic activity & weights is most effective.
11. Record what you eat
Most people highly underestimate how much they eat.
12. Plan meals, social events & vacations
Allow yourself to enjoy special events, but plan ahead by eating less before your event.
13. Choose fresh whole foods over packaged or fast foods.
Vegetables, fruit, lean protein and fiber.
14. Limit alcohol intake
It slows your metabolism and zaps your motivation to workout the day after.
15. Limit weight loss to 2 lbs a week
Losing more than 2 pounds per week will result in loss of lean body mass which slows weight loss.