Benefits of Exercise & A Healthy Lifestyle
- Exercise helps your body burn more calories than you would by dieting alone.
- Weight bearing or resistance exercises increase the amount of muscle or lean body mass that you have, enabling you to burn more calories and lose more weight.
Improves overall health & well-being
There are very few health problems that do not improve with exercise. The 1996 U.S. Surgeon General’s Report stated that regular physical activity can have positive effect on:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Endocrine system
- Ability to perform task
It also reduces risk of premature mortality from:
- Heart disease
- Colon cancer
- Ability to perform tasks
Improves Self Esteem
- Exercise is empowering. When you exercise, you feel better, look better, and have more energy.
- If you are working out in a gym or fitness facility, you will enhance you social and cultural interactions by making new friends.
- Once you incorporate exercise into your life and change your eating habits, your body will make the changes you have been wishing for.
Many of the diseases we associate with getting older are directly related to being overweight or obese. It’s time to take control of your health.